Puppy Care Tips
When you take your new puppy home you will get…
Caring for your new puppy…
· Feeding your puppy: Please use the included Royal Canine Puppy Food until you puppy is familiar with it’s new home. Then you may slowly start to mix in your own brand of puppy food as the directions or your veterinarian suggests.
· Water: Give your puppy Pedialyte for the first few days, and then gradually begin to mix in water. This helps your puppy to keep him going as he adjusts to his new surroundings.
· Exercise: Make sure your puppy gets lots of outdoor exercise.
· Veterinary: Even though your puppy has been checked by our veterinarian, you still need to take your new puppy to your veterinarian within ten days of purchase.
· Travel: Traveling can be very stressful for dogs. Most dogs cannot adjust to abrupt diet changes. Make sure your bring food and water from home, and then gradually switch to the new water. You may also want to give them a Pedialyte and water mixture, since Pedialyte will help keep them going if they are not eating properly.
Make sure you remember any special medication that your dog may take to ensure a safe trip with no vet visits.
When driving, open the windows to provide sufficient ventilation or use the air conditioner to keep your dog cool. Do not keep your dog in a car by itself when it is warm outside. Because if it is only 80 degrees outside, the temperature can reach 120 degrees inside very swiftly and be fatal.
· Rehoming: If for some reason you are unable to keep your puppy and are not able to find a suitable home, you may return it to CDKJ Kennel, and we will place it for adoption. This will be done at no addition charge to you.
Providing you and your family with a healthy playmate and pet